- Store your money in a bank.
- Go through a bank to send your money to someone else.
#1 Bitcoin Wallet: Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S Package
- Ledger Nano S
- 1 micro-USB cable
- Lanyard for wearing the device around the neck
- One keychain and a keyring
Recovery sheet for writing down the seed keyword
Activating Ledger Nano S
These 24 words will be your private key. You will need to write down your words in the same order that they are given to you. In case you ever forget your pin, in order to recover your wallet, they will ask you questions like:
“Enter the 17th word in your recovery sheet.”
Ledger Nano S Supported Coins
As per Ledger’s website, the Nano S natively supports 1184 coins. These include most of the major coins like:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bcash (BCH)
- Binance Coin (BNB)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Ethereum Classic
- Ripple (XRP)
- Tether (USDT)
- Tron (TRX)
Ledger Nano S Pros and Cons
- The setup is pretty simple and straightforward.
- Ledger Nano S is capable of running third-party apps and currently, as per the site, there are 18 installable apps.
- Ledger Nano S supports a vast variety of coins.
- Integrates with a large number of software wallets.
- It is a very affordable hardware wallet ($59), giving a very high-value proposition.
- The entire recovery process can be done from the device only without even connecting it to a computer.
- Features Ledgers secure chip technology.
- Pretty inconspicuous looking since it resembles a simple pen-drive. Plus, it is pretty lightweight, so can be easily carried around.
- Not open-source hardware.
- The recovery sheet can be stolen or replicated if enough care isn’t taken.
#2 Bitcoin Wallet: Trezor One
Working with Trezor
You will have to enter the PIN which will be randomly generated by your wallet every single time and will be displayed on the screen of your wallet like this:
Trezor Supported Coins
- Ripple (only Model T)
- Bitcoin Cash
- Ethereum Classic
Trezor Pros and Cons
- Extremely simple to use.
- Very sleek design.
- It can be used on all devices provided the platforms are compatible (Windows, Mac OS X or Linux).
- Never exposes your private key.
- Randomly generated pin code keeps the device safe and secure.
- Costs $99 which is a bit steep.
- Trezor One doesn’t support Ripple (XRP).
- Not as inconspicuous-looking as Ledger Nano.
#3 Bitcoin Wallet: MyCelium Bitcoin WalletFormed in 2008 by a group of hardware engineers, MyCelium has become one of the best-known Bitcoin mobile wallets out there. Mycelium has both Android and iPhone versions available. MyCelium hopes to make Bitcoin transactions as frictionless and functional as possible.The system is extremely secure and offers five types of accounts – HD (Hierarchical Deterministic), Bit ID (open protocol), Single Address Accounts, “Watch Only” Accounts, and Hardware (for offline devices) Accounts. Along with that, it also has a myriad of features such as – encrypted PDF backups and cold storage, with an integrated QR-code scanner, secure chat service, and a local trading marketplace.
Having said that, it should also be noted that this is not the best wallet for beginners. If you are an advanced user searching for a great Bitcoin mobile digital wallet, then MyCelium will be perfect for you.
MyCelium InterfaceWhen you open the app, you will be asked whether you want to get a new wallet or restore an old one. You will also see a QR code, send, and receive buttons accompanied by the current exchange rate and some other critical pieces of information:When you hit the “accounts” tab, you can immediately back up the private key automatically generated for the wallet. This is an important feature that makes sure you take steps to secure funds if your phone is lost.When you click on the Business tab, you will see their business partners – Ledger, Trezor, Purse, and SaferVPN.You can also seamlessly switch between Bitcoin to regular fiat currencies like USD and Euros with ease.
Crucial features of MyCeliumLet’s look at some of the essential features of MyCelium:
- It is free to use apart from the transaction cost for miners. Mycelium’s miner fees range from 0.08 mBTC/kb for low priority transaction to 1 mBTC/kb for highest priority, where 1 mBTC equals 0.00100000 BTC.
- You get 100% control over your private keys. They will be inside your device as long as you export them.
- There is no need to download the entire Bitcoin blockchain.
- Mycelium manages multiple accounts and never reuse addresses (BIP32, BIP44). It offers support for BIP38 keys.
- Secures your wallet with a PIN.
- The Local Trader feature helps you find other people to trade Bitcoins with.
Pros and Cons of MyCeliumPros
- It offers excellent privacy and high security.
- Has a lot of interesting features.
- It is an open-source software.
- Integrates with a wide variety of services such as Ledger and Trezor.
- Free to use.
- It doesn’t have a web or desktop interface.
- It is not beginner-friendly.
#4 Electrum Bitcoin WalletElectrumis one of the oldest Bitcoin wallets in the market. Thomas Voegtlin created it way back in November 2011 and various developers have since modified it. Since Electrum is a client-based wallet, you candownload the software and run it from your computer. Unlike most other desktop bitcoin wallets, there is no need for you to run your entire block chain. Electrum can be run on Windows, Linux, or MacOS.While Electrum is primarily a desktop client, it has released an Android wallet in March 2016. The android client has a 3.3 rating on the Google Play store and the majority of the ratings are either 5 stars or a 1 star.Having said that, Electrum is still one of the most popular wallet solutions for desktop users out there.
- Electrum ensures speedy transactions and keeps waiting time low via server usage.
- The private keys of the users are not sent to the servers, they are instead encrypted, giving you full control and ownership over your private keys.
- Electrum offers cold storage to store up your Bitcoin. The online desktop hot wallet version is used to finish transactions and making payments.
- It can integrate with existing hardware solutions, including KeepKey, Trezor, and Ledger Nano.
- The wallet ensures complete verification of all the transactions in your wallet history.
- Electrum has incredible security and prevents theft and fund loss.
- The open-source code of the wallet is written in Python, which is widely used by developers so developing is easy.
- The single wallet can be executed on multiple desktops with automatic synchronization.
- The user-interface can be a little difficult for beginners.
Pros and Cons of Electrum
- The platform is popular and is one of the oldest Bitcoin wallets in the market.
- The set up is pretty straightforward and the wallet is pretty fast.
- The wallet also has very good privacy features and keeps your Bitcoins secure.
- Integration with hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor is available.
- Also has an Android application which you can use in your mobile.
- Unlike Exodus, it only offers Bitcoin services.
- The reception to the Android app is mixed.
- The interface is not easy for beginners.
#5 Bitcoin Wallet: Exodus WalletExodus is a relatively new desktop wallet and in addition to its advanced features, what sets it apart from other wallets is that is very easy to use and extremely intuitive. Any beginner can complete a transaction or operate in an easy to understand step-by-step manner. Being a pure desktop wallet, it supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux platforms and there is no mobile version available. You need to download and install the wallet into your computer directly.Exodus wallet has a built-in shapeshift exchange which enables users to trade between Bitcoin and altcoins inside the wallet itself. The desktop wallet clearly showcases the coins you are going to get in the trade in both crypto and fiat values as well as the current spread of the transaction. Additionally, not just Shapeshift, they also have multiple exchange partners (not just ShapeShift), which means they can now offer more exchangeable assets, and the capability to source from various partners has enabled exchanging in Exodus faster and much more reliable.Though it initially supported about 40 cryptocurrencies, the number has gone up as close to 100 now which includes most major ones such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, FunFair, Gnosis, Golem, OmiseGo, Qtum etc.
Exodus InterfaceThe in-built exchange allows you to convert certain coins to others using a fixed exchange rate:The coins that you can use to obtain the others are:
The Exodus Dashboard shows you some basic information.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Bitcoin SV
- Binance Coin
- USDC Coin
When you click on the Wallet tab, you will see the following:
- The total holdings valuation in US Dollar.
- The 24-hour change in the value of holdings.
- The highest balance.
- The age of the portfolio, as in for how long have you had this wallet.
- The best performing asset in the last 24 hours.
- The worst performing asset in the last 24 hours.
- The wallet shows you how much of the available assets do you have in your portfolio.
- There is also a “Send” and “Receive” button to help you transact with cryptocurrencies.
Exodus security and other featuresBeing a desktop wallet, Exodus encrypts and stores all your data in your computer hard drive i.e. locally thus you are always in full control of your keys and data. The wallet offers a very simple guide when you want to back up and it does not store your keys on the server during backup.When you need to restore the wallet, they email you a secure link that is protected by a 12-word passphrase and Exodus key to reactivate your wallet. This passphrase is very important as you will be your only way to get your wallet back in case you have forgotten your password. But if you lose your passphrase, then there is no other way to get access to your account.Note here that though they take security very seriously, the team is yet to offer the two-factor authentication feature.Exodus does not require a personal email and therefore, does not store it – a great feature. You may choose to use any email address or none at all. It only needs an email id once for sending the backup link. Privacy is crucial to the Exodus team and therefore, they do not store any customer personal data, not even the email address.Exodus users also have the option to send funds to and receive funds from smart contracts. For your information, the wallet charges a transaction fee every time your payment is processed, but this goes entirely to the blockchain networks and not to the Exodus team. The wallet always favors speed and reliability over lower fees, and so the fee is adjusted as per the demand in the blockchain network. The wallet does not offer the feature to adjust this fee manually. As for some of the features, the real-time pie chart portfolio Exodus wallet provides is great for calculating and organizing your savings.Exodus is known for its excellent support team which has been highly rated by the users. Its site has over 100 articles on various topics, explaining the features, fee structure, and how to troubleshoot in detail with 17 other general topics. The site also offers an extensive list of FAQs with videos in case you need more detailed help.
Exodus pros and consPros:
- The wallet has great design
- The desktop wallet is 100% free to use
- Good privacy and security
- It is engineered keeping beginners in mind therefore easy to use
- Intuitive interface with powerful charting tool at your disposal
- It supports multiple cryptocurrencies
- It has built-in trading and portfolio functions
- Offers automatic fee adjustment
- Offers great help and prompt support
- Exodus doesn’t offer any web interface or mobile app
- It has limited security features
- There is no two-factor authentication in offer either
- Not 100% open source
#6 Bitcoin Wallet: Samourai WalletAlthough a relatively new name, Samourai Wallet is a mobile Bitcoin wallet that gives major emphasis to user privacy and security. The interesting thing to note about Samourai is that it is a wallet that is perfectly in-line with the ideals with which Bitcoin was originally created – decentralization, privacy, transparency, security, and fungibility.
Samourai Wallet FeaturesSamourai Wallet has some pretty exciting features that are worth looking into:
- Adjustable transfer fees: This is one of the most essential features of Samourai Wallet. What this does is to allow the users to increase the transaction fee so that it can get completed ahead of others.
- Private Transactions: Privacy is one of the USPs of Samourai Wallets. Every time you do a transaction, Samourai will use a new address every time to protect your metadata and keep your identity and transactions private.
- Tor & VPN Support: Samourai gives Tor and VPN support to add extra privacy. By using it, users can use an anonymous IP address that’s not tied to you or your location.
- SegWit Support: Samourai was one of the first wallets to implement SegWit. It is a necessary functionality for Lightning Network implementation.
- BIP 47 Implementation: BIP 47 is a transactional protocol feature that enables privacy with public payment addresses via the creation of a payment channel between the two wallets.
- Ricochet: This feature confuses people who spy on the blockchain and improve the privacy and fungibility of the transaction. This will help prevent transactions from being traced.
- SMS Commands: By sending SMS codes to their wallet, users can remotely interact with their wallet. Not only will this allow users to retrieve their wallets using another mobile device, but they can wipe the data clean if it is ever stolen.
- Trusted Node: By using the Trusted Node feature, you can send transactions by connecting to your own node by entering the IP address and port of the node.
Samourai Wallet Security and PrivacySamourai Wallet gained a lot of respect because of its security and privacy features.
- The wallet has the advanced AES-256 encryption which protects it from malware and other server attacks.
- The user owns and has full control over their private keys, which isn’t transmitted to any servers or anyone.
- The wallet uses BIP 39, which uses passphrase encryption upon the moment of wallet creation. This makes your wallet safe even before it is setup.
- A 5-8 digit PIN is used to unlock your wallets. Every time you log in to your wallet, the PIN screen is randomized, which inhibits screen recording spyware.
- The wallets also have a unique “stealth mode feature.” When it is enabled, the shortcut icon disappears from your phone’s home screen, app lists, recent apps list, or launcher. You can only retrieve it after you dial your PIN into the phone pad as if you are dialing a number to call. The brilliance of this feature is that if someone comes across your phone, they won’t even be able to tell whether you are using the Samourai Wallet.
- Samourai wallet users can remain completely anonymous and implement layers of privacy protection while transacting.
Who should use Samourai Wallet?Samourai is currently only available on Android mobile devices. It has been created only for advanced users who require anonymity and privacy. While it is true that this will be a wallet of choice for malicious elements who will need privacy to shield their nefarious activities, it is also true that people living under an oppressive regime will find this extremely useful as well. Despite Samourai being more suited for advanced users, its design and user interface is simple to use.
#7 Bitcoin Wallet: Wallet GeneratorWallet Generator is a simple and straightforward way to create your own paper wallet. Paper wallets are an offline cold storage method of saving cryptocurrency. It includes printing out your public and private keys on a piece of paper which you then store and keep in a secure place. The keys are printed in the form of QR codes which you can scan in the future for all your transactions. The reason why it is so safe is that it gives complete control to you, the user. You do not need to worry about the well-being of a piece of hardware, nor do you have to worry about hackers or any piece of malware. You just need to take care of a piece of paper.
Creating your own paper walletOnce you are on the Wallet Generator website, follow the instructions given to download the zip file of the site from GitHub. Once that is done, switch off your wifi and hover over the random address generator.Once you have hovered there for an appropriate amount of time (till the green bar turns completely orange), you will have successfully generated your public address. Once you do that, the corresponding private key will be created for you as well.Now, you can simply print out the QR codes of your public address and private key. Laminate it, and keep it safely in a locker or wherever you please. Wallet Generator supports 197 coins, including Bitcoin.We have expanded on paper wallets in great detail here.
Who should use Wallet Generator?Anyone who wants to hold onto any amount of Bitcoin for an extended period should use Wallet Generator. It is the most secure method out there. However, liquifying the held bitcoins can be a bit of a pain, so if you are a frequent trader, then you will not find this method convenient.
Best Bitcoin Wallets 2019 ConclusionLet’s summarize whatever we have learned so far:1. Best hardware wallet with most versatility: Ledger Nano S.2. Best Ledger Nano alternative: Trezor One.3. Best Bitcoin mobile wallet: MyCelium.4. Best Bitcoin Desktop wallet: Exodus.5. Best Bitcoin mobile wallet with privacy features Samourai Wallet.6. Best Bitcoin paper wallet maker: Wallet Generator.Let’s take an in-depth look at the differences between these wallets:Networkmarketing software or multilevel marketing software with different plans Binary, Unilevel, Matrix etc with different commissions like Return of investment, matching bonus and commission based on rank etc and with lot of payment gateways example block chain, block.io, coingate, etc and we offers multi-currency multi language, sms integration, and offers wide range of security features like Google authentication, email authentication, Google captcha and many more attractive feature like auto responder, ticket system, lead capture page, replication website, monthly subscription et. If you are interested send mail to email@example.com
You can check our new version of the Binary MLM Software in the below link https://neomlmsoftware.com/demo/binary